Friday, January 30, 2009

anecdote & adjective+ly

SMPN 2 TANGERANG
ENGLISH CLUB
Grade 7 November 10, 2007 This copy is belong to:
Name: …………………………………..
Class: …………………..


Penguin In The Park
Once a man was walking in a park when he came across a penguin.
He took it to a police officer and said, ‘I just found this penguin. What should I do?’
The police officer replied, ‘take it to the zoo’.
The next day the police officer saw the same man in the same park and the man was still carrying the penguin with him. The police officer was rather surprised and walked up to the man and asked, ‘why are you still carrying that penguin around? Didn’t you take it to the zoo?’
‘I certainly did,’ replied the man.
‘And I thought that it was a great idea because this penguin really enjoyed it, so today I’m taking it to the movies!’

I. Answer the following questions that based on the story above.
1. Where did the man find the penguin?
2. What did the police officer tell to the man about the penguin?
3. Did the man do exactly what the police officer told him?
4. Why did the man still carrying the penguin around?
5. Where do you think a penguin should belong to?

II. Use ‘mine’, ‘yours’, ‘his’, ’hers, ‘ours’ or ‘theirs’ in the following sentences.
1. Is that your car? No, ……………………… in the garage.
2. Are these Tia’s handkerchiefs? No, they aren’t. ……………….. are white.
3. Is this your brother’s bicycle? Yes, it is ………………..
4. We’re giving them our addresses, and they are giving us ………………..
5. It’s raining. You have your umbrella, but we don’t have ………………..
6. Is that our class? Yes, that is ………………..
7. Where is my dictionary? This one is mine. ……………….. is over there.
8. Do you think that my computer is having a problem? Yes, I think so. But, you can use my computer before I repair ………………..
9. Can you lend me your pen, please? I am sorry ……………….. is broken.
10. Your dog is big, ……………….. is smaller.

III. Adverbs (keterangan pada kata kerja) seringkali terdiri dari adjective+ly. Exceptions: good (well), fast (fast), hard (hard).
Examples: She has a beautiful voice.
She sings beautifully.
He is a good worker.
He works well.

Give the right form of the words in the brackets:
1. John is a (good) singer. He sings very ………….
2. My sister speaks very (slow). She speaks ……………..
3. Are you a (careful) driver? Do you drive ……………… ?
4. The doctor is very (patient). He listens …………………………. to everybody.
5. Tom is a (fast) eater. He eats very …………….
6. Why do you speak so (soft)? Do you always speak ……………….. ?
7. His writing is very (bad). He writes …………………..
8. Does he swim ……………. ? I heard that he’s a (good) swimmer.
9. The secretary works ………………………………. She’s very (efficient).
10. Does he cook (well)? Yes, he’s a …………….. cook.

IV. Answer the following questions:
1. Are you a good driver? Yes, I drive ………………
2. Does he play futsal well? Yes, he’s a …………………. futsal player.
3. Is your brother a fast learner? Yes, he learns …………………
4. Does he work hard? Yes, he’s a ………………………….
5. Is her English good? Yes, she speaks it ………………………..

V. Fill in the blanks:
Last week my friend Andi left ……….. Cairo. The plane was to take ……….. ……….. 6 o’clock ……….. the afternoon, and passengers had to be ……….. the airport one hour ……….. But when I came to see him ……….. five, there was no Andi. ……….. 5.15 I tried to call ……….., but his cell phone seemed to be ……….. ……….. order. ……….. last, by 5.30, a taxi ……….. and there was Andi. He had to go straight ……….. the customer service, and immediately ……….. on the plane. He just made it!

at him off at came
out to of before to
in at in got ay

VI. Complete the following sentences:
1. Tom’s too lazy to ………..………..
2. It was dark to ………..………..
3. The children are too sleepy to ………..…
4. The book’s too expensive to …….………..
5. My parents are too old to ………..……….. 6. The girls are too young to ……..………..
7. My cousin’s too ill to ……..………..
8. His feet are too tired to ……..………..
9. The bus is too big to ……..………..
10. You’re too big to ……..………..

No comments:

Search (Cari)

related links 001