Saturday, January 31, 2009

Time (for grade 9)

SMPN 2 TANGERANG
ENGLISH CLUB
Grade 9
This copy is belong to:
Name: …………………………………..
Class: …………………..


Andi: What time is it, Bayu?
Bayu: It’s just eleven o’clock.
Andi: Is your watch right? Mine is slow. My watch says a quarter to eleven. By the way, do you have a luncheon date?
Bayu: Yes, Chandra and I meeting Didi and Eko for lunch at eleven thirty.
Andi: Are they your classmates?
Bayu: Yes, they are. And, by the way, we’re going to have an extra class tomorrow morning.
Andi: What’s the subject of the class?
Bayu: English subject.
Andi: Who’s the teacher?
Bayu: The teacher is Mrs. Ratih. Do you want to go with us?
Andi: Yes, let’s go together. What time does the class start?
Bayu: At ten o’clock.
Andi: Where do you want us to meet you?
Bayu: Let’s meet in the hall of this school at half past nine.
Andi: All right. How long is the class?
Bayu: it lasts for about an hour and a half.
Andi: Well, it’s getting late. Probably, my father is waiting for me outside already.
Bayu: Yes, it is almost quarter past eleven. Where is your father now?
Andi: He’s waiting for me at the gate of this school. I’m late now. So good bye, Bayu.
Bayu: So long, Andi. See you tomorrow morning.
Andi: See you too.

I. Vocabulary and expressions:
What time is it? It’s nine o’clock.
What time does the bus leave? It leaves at six o’clock.
What time do you wake up? At five o’clock in the morning.
What time do you have lunch? At twelve o’clock in the afternoon.
What time does the movie play? At seven o’clock in the evening.
What time do you go to bed? At ten o’clock at night.
It’s just eleven o’clock. It’s still early.
It’s almost twelve o’clock. It’s already late.
It’s about five o’clock. It’s time to go home now.
It’s getting late. I’m getting tired.
It’s getting hot. You’re getting fat
It’s getting dark outside. Your coffee is getting cold.
I have a class from eight to nine So, it lasts for about one hour.

I want You to meet my friend
He wants me to go with him
They want her to work with them
We want them to have dinner with us

II. What time is it?
09.40 12.25 04.49 06.10
10.45 01.08 05.15 07.30
11.50 02.43 07.00 10.10

III. Make sentences just like the examples below.
Write a message.  I want you to write a message.
1. Send my parents a letter. 
2. Go to post office. 
3. Give them some money. 
4. Ask her name. 
5. Bring her to her parents. 

IV. Answer the following questions. Use him, her, etc. in your answers.
What do your parents want you to do?

When does your teacher want you to do exercise?

Who wanted you to wake up this morning?

How does your friend who sits beside you want you to call him/her?

Where did your mother want you to go yesterday?


V. Use verb ‘see’ or ‘look at’ in the right form.
1. Where is Theo? I don’t …………………………... him.
2. Mrs. Ratih …………………………... your work.
3. Why …………………………... you …………………………... me? Don’t’ you like my dress?
4. I …………………………... that you’re wearing a wrong uniform today.
5. The teacher is coming! Can you …………………………... him?

No comments:

Search (Cari)

related links 001